Thursday 19 November 2009

Diary of a nobody


I have had the rather weird experience of buying a diary for someone who doesn't exist today. I thought it would be a good idea to write Jake Silex's diary as an actual diary and then pick the best bits to drop into the Isle of the Dead. Why is Jake writing a diary? All will become clear - it is very, very important!

The pic, incidentally, is not of the diary I bought but Henry Jones Snr's Grail Diary from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. So a picture of a fictional character's dairy to illustrate a story about a fictional character's diary. Oh, my brain!

An apology to everyone who has been following my "writing diary" on Twitter (virporta@) - my wife has been ill lately, so though I have been busy writing Isle of the Dead (now 80 pages + in) I haven't typed any of it up yet. I hand write everything before typing it up. Don't ask, it's a habit I can't get out of! But there will be extracts from Isle of the Dead appearing on Twitter again soon, and Jake Silex's diary will appear here soon too...

Tony

No comments: