Wednesday 12 May 2010

Be prepared...Be very prepared


This Friday (May 14) I will be giving a talk to the 1st Fatfield Scout Group on "surviving in alien worlds" - of which I know quite a lot about, thanks to Ray Mears, Bear Grylls and Ms Hummingbird, the psychotic survival expert, sports teacher, amateur flautist and part-time post woman on Virporta Island. I was a a scout for many year (sadly no pictures of me in my uniform have survived ) and I'll be interested to see the stories the Fatfield scouts put together to win their Creativity Badge - and I'll post them here when they're done. They didn't have a Creativity Badge when I was a scout, but I did have the knot making badge...
Don't forget exclusive content from Isle of the Dead is available at Twitter - I'm @Virporta - follow my Tweets!

No comments: